What is Student Led Conferencing?
Dimmitt Vikings have been participating in "Student Led Conferencing" for the past few years with great success! Your student should attend his/her conference with you by zoom or in person. This is not new to our students and their families and have many benefits for the students.
Some of these benefits include:
- Encourages communication that focuses on student growth and development, rather than deficits
- Accountability/responsibility for the student's learning
- Personal evaluation of their progress
- Greater commitment to school work and learning
- Students take additional pride in their work
- Builds self-confidence and self-esteem
- Encourages student/parent teacher communication
- Builds communication and critical thinking skills
- Allows for active student involvement
- Encourages wider range of student/parent communication
- Students take an active part in this important event and are not waiting at home wondering what their teachers and parents are saying about them
Sometimes students tend to be unclear as to why and how they received the grades they did. In many cases, they would like to do better, but are unsure as to how this can be done. This type of conference allows for clarification of these and many other items.
The Dimmitt staff looks forward to meeting with you and your student for this important event.
Thank you for being part of this amazing partnership.